Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Dirty, Muddy, Black Water - Various Artists

-
Unknown

It came to my attention recently that I own an inordinate number of songs about unclean water. I don't even much like some of them much but, once I started looking, I found a dozen songs about Muddy Water, Dirty Water, and Black Water.

Some of these were big hits (The Standells and The Doobie Brothers, for instance) and some are covers of others (The Inmates and The Dropkick Murphys, both covering The Standells' Dirty Water). But you'll find some great songs with the same names, like Aretha Franklin's and Keb' Mo's Muddy Water, which are completely different--and wonderful--songs.

I have all sorts of genres and ages in this list so you should be able to find something great to love. Don't miss Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds with their melancholy drag and Tuba Skinny (not the same as Trombone Shorty, my dears). And be sure to catch Watermelon Slim & the Workers while you're listening. Aw, heck, just listen to all fourteen.

Muddy, Black, Dirty Water by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates