Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Booty City - Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears

-
Unknown

I discovered that Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings are playing at the Fargo Theater in a couple of weeks. Then the gent on the radio noted that Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears would be appearing with them. He proceeded to play Booty City and I knew that I would have to hear more. It’s like Tower of Power but Dap-Toned, bluesy funk with great horns. I’m sorry you missed the happy dance. It was a good one.

If you enjoy this one take a listen to Bitch, I Love You and Livin' in the Jungle, the former more blues (and, I warn you, definitely NSFW as the title may have suggested) and the latter back to the horns and the funk in a James Brown-ian sound. The more I listen the more I really, really want to see the show. For those of you not in town, there's plenty more of Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears to enjoy on Grooveshark.

My Latest Music Page Updates