Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Your Thing Is a Drag - Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings

-
Unknown

Fall has finally caught up with us, here in what they call the Northland. In fact, we're doing autumn in a day and apparently will head straight to winter tonight. When I see Your Thing Is a Drag, I think that's what winter ought to know. Leave us alone, sub-zero temperatures and blizzards!

But leave it to Sharon Jones and those fabulous Dap-Kings to cheer me up about it all. Your Thing Is a Drag takes my winter blues and gives them some serious funk. How depressed can I be dancing around in my chair? For today, have some fun with them and spare me a moment of sympathy for the grey and impending wintery doom that brought this on in the first place.

My Latest Music Page Updates