Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Hot Damn - Ivy Levan

-
Unknown

I discovered today the next step in the the evolutionary arc of my favorite music. We've gone from Eilen Jewell's tasty rockabilly to Gin Wigmore's neo-soul update of the sound and now I bring you Ivy Levan. I don't know where this girl is going but, if she continues to knock this swingin' soul sound out of the park I can't wait until she gets there.

I don't know if she's a fan of Janelle Monae but her look has a lot in common with yet another of my favorite songstresses. Her thematic EP does as well, though she's chosen a completely different story. Watch Hot Damn and see if you don't fall in love with that sultry beat and those retro dresses--and Ivy Levan's great voice.

If you want more, I've posted Money on my G+ page. I welcome your thoughts on either site!

My Latest Music Page Updates