Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

True Confessions: Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae ft. Erykah Badu

-
Unknown

If you've been to The NPJ in the last long while, you might have noticed my adoration of Janelle Monae. Thus I squealed like a little girl getting a pony when +Caren Kelleher pointed me at the video for Q.U.E.E.N., uploaded a whole two days ago.

Why, you may be wondering, am I calling this a True Confession post? Well, with two and a half million views in two days I'm pretty sure she can now be considered popular. But the best part? The song made me dance my booty off, drool over her coat, groove to the horns, and then raise my fist. Keep in mind the message: the booty don't lie.

Sorry, I'm too interested in watching this again to be coherent. Watch, love, and share. Happy Friday!

My Latest Music Page Updates