Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

The Legend of the Last of the Outlaw Truckers - The Dandy Warhols

-
Unknown

Be thankful I left off the subtitle, my dears, as The Legend of the Last of the Outlaw Truckers is already vying for "longest post title ever". You should, however, know that this song is The Ballad of Sheriff Shorty. That's not why I'm posting it, however.

The Dandy Warhols do a bunch of dreamy, wandering, syth-heavy pop but, at least once on every album, they nail me with their ability to force me to dance. On their Vonnegut-themed album, it was I Am a Scientist and on "...Earth to the Dandy Warhols..." it's Last of the Outlaw Truckers.

Actually, they scored two in a row on this album, with Mis Amigos actually getting me moving before Sheriff Shorty got me out of my seat. As with a lot of Dandy Warhols songs, this one doesn't make a lot of sense if you just read the lyrics. You need the energy of the song (and their great storytelling) to get the real feel of it. Have a listen to The Legend of the Last of the Outlaw Truckers a.k.a The Ballad of Sheriff Shorty and, if you like the way it hearkens back to the trucker/country songs of old while still being a total jam, do let me know.

The Legend of the Last of the Outlaw Truckers a.k.a. the Ballad of Sheriff Shorty by The Dandy Warhols on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates