Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

I Am a Scientist - The Dandy Warhols

-
Unknown

When I first heard the Dandy Warhols’ I Am a Scientist, I immediately started building a mix-tape in my head, leaping straight to She Blinded Me with Science and then Weird Science, and off from there. But I Am a Scientist kept sneaking back into my head. I decided to do a bit more research - if a band came get me with one earworm like this, it’s likely they’ll have another up their collective sleeve.

It turns out that the Dandy Warhols recorded an entire album of songs (2003’s “Welcome to the Monkey House”) about a book of Kurt Vonnegut short stories with that title. I happen to own and love that book. You can’t buy the album with a copy of the book, but if I were Amazon I’d have bundled the two together from the start. I’ve linked both of them below, for your convenience. I know that Vonnegut didn’t record music, but he wrote some songs in his books so I don’t feel too badly about including him here. At any rate, take a list to I Am a Scientist and make up your own mind.

I Am a Scientist by The Dandy Warhols on Grooveshark

The Dandy Warhols’ Welcome to the Monkey House Kurt Vonnegut’s Welcome to the Monkey House

My Latest Music Page Updates