Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Mando Diao Three-Pack

-
Unknown

A few months ago I whined about how Sweden gets pop like Mando Diao. Since then, I've listened to a fair number of their songs and I really can't believe where they went over a mere decade, musically.

To demonstrate, I've selected three songs. Sweet Ride comes from their 2002 full debut album. Then Mexican Hardcore, in which the grungy and the garage has been taken out of their sound, from 2007. Last, I've included Go out Tonight, which I actually love but which sounds like an entirely different band. That one was released in 2009. I've chosen to spare you the dragging, depressing "Infruset" from 2012. Suffice it to say I shan't be seeking out any new albums from the band.

Have a listen to their transformation and let me know what you think. Do you like them better at their roots or in full flower? If you're a fan and you think I'm off the mark with my opinion of their latest, I'm happy to be proven wrong. Point me at the good stuff!

Mando Diao Three-Fer by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates