Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Let It Roll - Soul Rebels

-
Unknown

I've spent an inordinate amount of time on TastemakerX of late, finding new bands. ("What is TastemakerX?" you ask? Click over to find out and learn how to get started. There's no referral program so I'm not getting any sort of personal benefit out of it. I just think it's a nifty site.)

The point I mean to make was that today I bumped into Soul Rebels over there and wanted to share Let It Roll as both an example of the musical byways I've been going down and an example of some loose hip hop backed by a brass band that had me smiling.

The band seems to be having an awful lot of fun, though I can't help but wonder how many people are in the group, unless they all stopped playing their instruments for the call and answer portion. What I found of Soul Rebels on Grooveshark was inconsistent and somewhat...awkward. The band falls firmly into what I term jazz hop, however, with fine company like Spekulation and Janelle Monae.

Have a listen to Let It Roll. If you like it, wander over and try Shake Something (which is much smoother) or Funky Rebel (which is three-quarters instrumental). Let me know what you think, if you would be so kind.

Let It Roll by Soul Rebels on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates