Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Depression Era Music – Spekulation

-
Unknown

It’s been some time since I posted about Spekulation so I thought I’d throw you another great jazz hop track, replete with topical lyrics and horns. Depression Era Music comes from his EP of the same name. As I mentioned last September, it’s free to download from Bandcamp.

For me, the flow on this one is well nigh perfect. It bounces along, with topical lyrics crisply spoken enough to be understood and enough to say to make you want to hear them. Horns burble behind them with drums bounding beneath the whole thing, carrying it to its close.

Considering the subject matter, a condemnation of just about everyone for the mess in which the world finds itself, Depression Era Music remains a wonderfully enjoyable song. The tone is less accusatory or angry and more wry chagrin. Have a listen and let me know what you think of Spekulation, would you?

My Latest Music Page Updates