Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Swagger - Bombs Away

-
Unknown

When I posted my Mashup of the Month for December I mentioned Bombs Away and panned much of their music but explained that I quite liked Swagger. I wouldn't have posted the song, however, if it hadn't been for the fact that I happened upon the official video for it. It turns out that Bombs Away is a couple of white boys from Australia and they--or at least their writer and director--have a pretty goofy sense of collective humor. And so I thought I'd share with you all the light-saber-wielding duo chasing a hipster around an urban environment. As so often happens, I don't know what the video has to do with the song. I see little "doing something funky with your hands" going on but there's a lot of bouncing and a whole bunch of silly. Enjoy the song and the video. I'm not sure I could sit through a whole album of their work but Bombs Away definitely gets a nod from me for not taking themselves too seriously. Tomorrow we'll be a little more serious as I've got some great, brand new music to share.

My Latest Music Page Updates