Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Give Me Back My Wig - Various Artists

-
Unknown

I've got a strange little blues standard for you all today: Give Me Back My Wig, a song that's been around for over half a century and that still gets covered from time to time. After I Dig Your Wig I should have thought to hunt down other wig songs but got sidetracked by a hundred or two other fantastic songs. For today I offer you half a dozen versions of Give My Back My Wig from such luminaries as Stevie Ray Vaghan, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, and Hound Dog Taylor & the Houserockers. I also included Magic Slim, the Walter Trout Power Trio, and Luther Allison to round out the list. If you have a favorite version of the song I've love to hear it. And if you have another wig song to include I'll feed you Internet cookies for a week.

My Latest Music Page Updates