Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Gin and Juice - Various Artists

-
Unknown

For the life of me I will never understand the appeal of most bluegrass vocalists. The only times I understand it is when I find things like the bluegrass covers of Gin and Juice that have been slaying me all week. I'd intended, after posting Tanqueray a few days ago, to post this list of covers but my short attention span intervened. So to occupy your long weekend, I offer you all a tall, cool list of Gin and Juice, complete with bluegrass fiddles and twang so nasal it'll stop up your sinuses. I've included a mellower version from Richard Cheese and a punk cover from NoFX. Sadly, a huge pile of the covers listed on Grooveshark are simply the aforementioned bluegrass cover from The Gourds labeled as something else. There are a couple of other hip hop versions included, however, and an exceedingly creepy one from Jaymz Bee & the Deep Lounge Coalition. Have a listen to all nine versions of Gin and Juice and let me know: do the bluegrass covers from The Gourds and Bandjoe make them sound gangsta or do NoFX and The Stu Tails sound like they could make it in the hood?

My Latest Music Page Updates