Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Tattoo Vampire - Blue Öyster Cult

-
Unknown

I'm never sure if Blue Öyster Cult used to be pop, outside of the played-to-death Don't Fear the Reaper, or if I just happened to hang out with a lot of people who listened to them. But it doesn't matter. They certainly aren't now. Yet I can't help but think that Tattoo Vampire ought to be enjoying a revival among the bloodsucker-obsessed that seem to be everywhere these days.

I have seen no indication that it has, however. Perhaps that's just as well. I rather like feeling like the only person who knows "Imaginos" by heart (yes, the whole album. I don't know why I like it so much.) And it isn't like the song is actually about vampires, except as an odd metaphor for tattoos. Bah, I'm musing. Just enjoy the song!

My Latest Music Page Updates