Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Move You - Anya Marina

-
Unknown

Anya Marina makes me think of Coeur de Pirate in English. That's a good thing. They have such light voices and such strong songwriting that I can't help but love them both.

Ms. Marina did not come to my attention until recently, likely because she seems to be most popular on TV shows. I don't watch a lot of TV. But it surprises me that her last album, "Slow and Steady Seduction: Phase II" didn't chart (at least not that I could find). Perhaps it's because her lyrics are a bit darker and a quite a bit wilder than your usual radio fare (try Sociopath for an example). Whatever the reason, I definitely think more people should give her a listen.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Nice! I'm gonna have to learn this song. Want to learn her style. Not often you find unique sounding vocalists. Catchy!

  2. Unknown says:

    She does have a great sound and style. Good luck and thanks for visiting!

My Latest Music Page Updates