Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Too Much Butt - Saffire -- The Uppity Blues Women

-
Unknown

The other day I posted I'm Too Fat to Be a Hipster and, ever since, I've been considering "related" songs. Today, I've got the Saffire--The Uppity Blues Women re-make of R. Bruce's Too Much Butt stuck in my head so I decided it was high time I shared it with you. Mr. Bruce himself posted a comment on this video pointing out that he re-wrote the song for the ladies and loved their version. I have to agree with him. The original is a male appreciation for a woman with a big behind. The Saffire version is a woman's celebration of her own body.

As someone who "packs much back" myself, I definitely appreciate the Uppity Blues Women take on the song. Indeed, I have rather a collection of "big booty" songs (and Taj Mahal's Big-Legged Mamas Are Back in Style as bonus material). Someday maybe I'll just post the lot of them. That's my favorite exercise--some serious boogie to someone telling you you don't need it. Now that's a mood-brightener! If you've a favorite "generous behind" song please do share it with me. I'm always looking for new ones.

My Latest Music Page Updates