Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Fraulein - Pale Young Gentlemen

-
Unknown

I maintained for a time a monthly recommendation list elsewhere but gave it up when Clearspring bit the dust and I could no longer include playlists there that actually played. It did that at the same time I was starting The Not-Pop Jukebox and I posted so much great stuff but I didn't duplicate most of the earliest recommendations here. Foolish, foolish me.

And so I'm meandering about finding which I did connect and which I skipped. Much to my surprise I completely neglected Pale Young Gentlemen here and never fixed that. I still love these folks from Madison, Wisconsin, hotbed of indie music that that town is. The vocals are just so fraught--without being emo--and the music so interesting that I can't resist them. Fraulein from their self-titled first album really shows both of these things so I thought I'd share that one with you all first. I promise more from Pale Young Gentlemen soon.

UPDATE: I lied. I posted the ever-so-delicious Saturday Night ages ago but without the song because, well, it was ages ago. I'll fix that soon.

My Latest Music Page Updates