Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

I Got My Mind Made Up (You Can Get It Girl) - Instant Funk

-
Unknown

I've posted about Instant Funk before but as I was writing about K-Tel Records today I recalled my favorite of their songs. It dates back to the disco/funk era when songs all seemed to be long and include portions in parentheses.

I hadn't heard I Got My Mind Made Up for years and was half-afraid I would hate it upon listening to it again. Never fear, it's as cheesy and funky as it every was. At least I now recall why "say what?" was such a part of our vocabulary when my siblings and I were eight or so.

Now all you need for the weekend is a disco ball, one of those floors that light up in squares, and some leisure suits. Please refrain from posting any pictures, guys. I saw enough of that when I was a kid. Enjoy!

My Latest Music Page Updates