Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Wide World of Sports - Instant Funk

-
Unknown


I wanted to post a baseball-related song, to celebrate not only the US "World" Series but the fact that I won $10 on one of the games after throwing in a buck to help a friend round out a pool. Unfortunately, I could only find songs that stank. Happily, I stumbled upon Instant Funk and their Wide World of Sports during my search. Not only do you get pure funky grooves but you get this fabulous album cover included at no extra charge! It turns out that Instant Funk performed I Got My Mind Made Up, which has been getting stuck in my head off an on for roughly twenty years. Ah, the relief of knowing from where that song came. Check back tomorrow for a Halloween treat.

My Latest Music Page Updates