Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

L6 (The Blooded) - Champion

-
Unknown

I’m not much of a shoe-gazer, when it comes to music. Every once in a while, though, an ethereal construct of musical layers will catch my ear and I’ll find myself staring uselessly at something and just listening to it. As a rule, that doesn’t last an entire seven-minute indulgence of a song because so much “shoe-gaze” is repetitive in the extreme. More exciting or interesting music would distract you from your contemplation, after all.

Naturally, I’m writing this to point out an exception to the rule. Champion’s L6 (The Blooded) meanders around for 6:48 and keeps adding layers, changing patterns, and generally switching it up enough to keep me zoned out the whole time. Songs like Alive Again and So Big make me want to jump around and dance but L6 proves that Champion doesn’t need vocals or five other guitarists to make a great song.

And so I give you what is likely to be the only song I’ll ever post with the label shoe-gaze. I can’t help it; I’m just so surprised that seven minutes of bathing in sound can be so entrancing. I hope you like it at least half as much.

My Latest Music Page Updates