Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

They Want EFX - Das EFX

-
Unknown

I've been wandering through National Public Radio's Road Trip Songs section, and stumbled across a Das EFX song I'd not heard in at least a decade: They Want EFX. My family enjoyed dancing around and hubby and I were entertained by all of the 80s references that completely escaped my little ones. The album, “Dead Serious”, was released in 1992 but the guys had been working together since '88. I don't know if they album name was intended to convince people that they weren't just a pair of jokesters, but listening to the songs should be enough to convince folks that the men had something to say, even if a lot of it was about themselves.

At any rate, enjoy another little bit of nostalgia, if one that's a bit further along the hip-hop time line than my Doug E Fresh and Slick Rick selection from the other day. Perhaps I'll manage to work my way into the current decade by next week. Until then, enjoy the trip.

Buy They Want EFX

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Congrats legbamel!

    A free flowers caption prize it rightfully yours...

    feel free to drop in a accept your prize, hurrah!! We'll email you the free flowers code this week...

    Well done and keep on smelling those flowers...

    Cheers,

  2. Unknown says:

    Thanks! I popped over and left a note. That picture cracked me up and the caption popped into my head immediately.

My Latest Music Page Updates