Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Everlasting Love - Howard Jones

-
Unknown

It's surprising how many people think Howard Jones was a one-hit wonder, based entirely on the beautiful Everlasting Love and the lack of other hits from the "Cross That Line" album. Now, I adore the album because Howard Jones has an amazing talent that doesn't get enough appreciation, but I can see why he didn't dance all over the Top 10 with the songs on it.

I spent a good chunk of the 80s basking in the warm, rich sound of Howard Jones and this album saddened me, not because it wasn't beautiful and deep but because I knew it would spell the end of his popularity. By the mid-90s most people had forgotten the hits off "Dream into Action" (and what an amazing crossover that album made) and, when they heard his name, Everlasting Love was the only song they remembered. Ah, well, at least it was a song well worth being known for, even if it was the best you'd ever made.

Everlasting Love by Howard Jones on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates