Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Blue Trane - Cedar Walton

-
Unknown

Cedar Walton died today (though it may well be yesterday for some of you by now). While I know a great many people think of him as a pianist, when I hear his name I think if the sadly short "Mobius" album. He played the synthesizer, with a great many talented folks, and covered Blue Trane with an original arrangement of his own.

Now, songs like this explain why I love jazz. Not only do you get wildly talented musicians making things up as they go along, you generally get horns and when you find a song you love it often goes on for ten minutes. (In case you couldn't tell, that was a hint that this song lasts ten funky, jazzy, brassy minutes.) Enjoy, and do let me know if you have a favorite Cedar Walton song.

Blue Trane by Cedar Walton on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates