Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Tesla Girls - OMD

-
Unknown

It's Nikola Tesla's birthday today, so I thought we should have a song celebrating his contribution to modern science. Sadly, all of the songs I could find sucked. There are, however, always the 80s on which to fall back.

In case you weren't alive back then, you may not know that OMD stands for Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. It's no wonder no one calls the band that. But Tesla Girls is a somewhat nonsensical song that seems to celebrate women of science, or at least women who are interested in electricity. Don't watch the video: it will only confuse you.

Have a listen to some classic OMD from 1984 and do let me know if you have a good Tesla song. I can always use a new one for next year!

Tesla Girls by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates