Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Step - Vampire Weekend

-
Unknown

I find myself awash in new music of late. This weekend I finally got my ears on the latest Vampire Weekend album, "Modern Vampires of the City". While some of it is a mournful goodbye to their college years in New York none of it is maudlin.

Of course, some of the songs are open to different interpretations. Are they nostalgia or meditations on spirituality? To me, that's what makes a good song: you can bring your own needs and questions to it and get a different meaning than I might.

None of which is either here or there when it comes to enjoying music. It doesn't all need to be deep, you know. Of course, in this case it might be. If you never listen you'll never know, so click already!

My Latest Music Page Updates