Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Boogie Nights - Heatwave

-
Unknown

Was Boogie Nights in Saturday Night Fever? Who knows? Who cares? All I know is that it should have been, and that I bet John Travolta boogied his bootie off to Heatwave, back in the day whether on film or not.

I certainly did, and still do. While this was definitely a pop song, long ago, you don’t hear a lot of disco any more. I prefer this sort of aged cheese to the modern-day versions by Kesha and the like. Neither is deep or particularly good music but at least disco made the vocalists actually sing about partying at clubs rather than letting the computers do it.

(In case you were about to point it out, I do know that Boogie Nights was the titular song in the movie Boogie Nights, not Saturday Night Fever. That was tongue-in-cheek, kind of like this paragraph. Shush it and boogie, darlings.)

Boogie Nights by Heat Wave on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates