Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Get Your Rocks Off - Primal Scream

-
Unknown

I know Primal Scream was once a bit mainstream from my usual fare. For the weekend, however, I thought you could really use a barnburner, which they do in spades. The band doesn't always hit the mark but when they do they really get your butt out of your chair. What can I say? I'm a sucker for horns and there Primal Scream is, blaring them right at me. Get Your Rocks Off is a perfect example of this.

From the classic rock opening to the sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll theme of the song you just can't help but imagine a group of soused young people jumping up and down, cheering the chorus while they spill beer all over one another. Well, I can't. Whatever mental images it brings, have a listen to Get Your Rocks Off and let me know what you think. It wasn't actually the song I'd intended to post, which was less rock and more pseudo-jazzy, but it's a good introduction to the band if you missed them along the way.

Get Your Rocks Off by Primal Scream on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates