Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Sleeping in the Aviary and Aviary

-
Unknown

Here's a pop quiz: if you cross the Violent Femmes, Jane's Addiction, and Queen, what would you get? As I've already given you the answer I'll just pretend you all said, "I don't know. What?" You get Sleeping in the Aviary and Aviary, who aren't the same band despite the confusion of some person who uploaded them to Grooveshark.

For proof, I offer you--in no particular order--I Should Have Known from Aviary's "Ambition" and Things Look Good from "Expensive Vomit in a Cheap Hotel" by Sleeping in the Aviary. The trick here is that the vocalists sound just enough alike to let you believe that they are the same band, albeit one that sounds like its completely changed its sound and instrumentation between albums.

I couldn't find any indication that the two have anything to do with one another. After listening to the two all mixed and mingled, however, I can say that they go well together for an afternoon's listen. Enjoy and let me know what you think, my dears!

Double Aviary by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates