Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Nerve Damage! - Unknown Mortal Orchestra

-
Unknown

I'm not altogether sure what to say about Unknown Mortal Orchestra except that it took a couple of songs for the sound to really grow on me. Then I listened to Nerve Damage! and decided that I'm a fan. Mostly. The smothered, warped vocals really took a little getting used to for me.

It's the talking guitar at the beginning and end of the song that really caught me, but once the song really got going to realized that I actually liked it. And then I listened to Strangers Are Strange and Bicycle and Unkown Mortal Orchestra really started to grow on me. Like a fuzzy fungus. I felt like I should dislike it but I kept queuing up songs.

Have a listen to Nerve Damage!, maybe a couple of times, and let me know if you think I've totally lost it or if it really is kind of a fun song. There's more on Grooveshark if you're still interested, natch.

Nerve Damage! by Unknown Mortal Orchestra on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates