Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

The Popular Thing - Jukebox the Ghost

-
Unknown

With a name like The Not-Pop Jukebox, I couldn't resist listening to Jukebox the Ghost. When I heard The Popular Thing I knew I had a winner to share with you all, perfectly fitting with my theme. The lyrics run thus:

If you want to do the popular thing
Well, then, follow away
But if you want to find something unique
You can't look that way
That's pretty much my philosophy in finding great new music to share with you all. As an added bonus, The Popular Thing is a bouncy, perky, pop sort of tune, pretty much the opposite of its lyrics. I know you love it when bands do that, my darlings.

Have a listen and let me know what you think of the song and of Jukebox the Ghost in general. And if you've got some other songs about following your own path I'd love more recommendations, particularly if jukeboxes are involved.

The Popular Thing by Jukebox The Ghost on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates