Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Songs of Wanting - Various Artists

-
Unknown

Not all songs of wanting are sad. Today let’s have a playlist filled with fun songs, all with the word “want” in the title. Everyone wants something so let’s try some Spekulation, some Cat Power, some Etta James, and some David Bowie…and that’s just for starters. I've already posted a slew of versions of I Want to Take You Higher but you'll find three different songs titled I Want My Baby Back.

You’ll find Sly & the Family Stone in here, too, cheek and jowl with Queen, Bow Wow Wow, and Blind Boy Fuller. Heck, you’ll even bump into They Might Be Giants. As neither the proper, Taj Mahal version of Give Your Woman What She Wants nor Spekulation's I Want It All appear on Grooveshark I've included separate ways to listen to each.

Have a meander and let me know if you find that wanting can be much more enjoyable than sappy love songs would have you believe. Well, okay, the David Bowie song is pretty drippy and Queen's I Want to Break Free is a solid break-up song. But I Want Some of Your Pie works as a pretty good antidote. If you’ve a favorite song of wanting that doesn’t appear on this list, share it with me!

Songs of Wanting by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates