Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Perfect Pair: Rhett Atkins and Eddie Rabbitt

-
Unknown

Some songs exist in tandem, duos that seem incomplete without their other halves. For me, I Love a Rainy Night and Drivin’ My Life Away are just such a perfect pair. If I hear one I expect that it will be followed by the other.

In part that’s simply loving the rain and “windshield wipers slappin’ out a tempo”. This is where I pretend I’ve never adjusted the wipers to keep perfect rhythm with the song on the radio. I'm whistling innocently.

That's neither here nor there. For me Drivin' My Life Away and I Love a Rainy Night are like bookends. They complement each other perfectly. 'Way back when gas was cheap and my time was my own I used to love driving in the rain. These songs may well have had a lot to do with that. Let me know what you think: is this a perfect pair?

Drivin' My Rain Away by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates