Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Chain Songs - Various Artists

-
Unknown

When I posted my You Pick the Winner round last April I suggested that I might share a pile of songs about chains. It’s time for me to make good on that vague promise, folks.

As I mentioned then, you’ll find Chain of Fools (several times) and Chains and Things (just the once), as well as Chains of Love in two utterly different styles from Sam Cooke and Erasure. There's Metallica's Chains of Pain, Jim Croce's Chain Gang Medley, and even Boney M. with No More Chain Gang.

You'll also find Etta James (covering Janis Joplin), Woody Guthrie, XTC, Fleetwood Mac, Art of Noise, and more because I've chosen to give you all a massive twenty-five songs today. I started with a wonderful mix of RL Burnside doing Chain of Fools. If you only pick one other, have a crack at Nina Simone's Chain Gang (Work Song).

Chain of Songs by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates