Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Revolting Cover Songs

-
Unknown

Let's go back to WTF song territory, today. While I salute Revolting Cocks for an excellent punk band name, hitting all the right buttons, I'm not a huge fan. Well, I may have listened to Beers, Steers, and Queers a few dozen times but other than that I don't know much about them.

I don't know much, that is, except their deliciously bizarre cover songs. The only thing that would improve the Revolting Cocks cover of Do Ya Think I'm Sexy would be Rod Stewart actually singing with them, for instance, particularly the part where the lead singer actually laughs at himself. They turned Let's Get Physical from a cheesy bit of arobicized fluff into a really creepy song that MC Randumb and Jewish Dave might cover one day.

And then there's their cover of Me So Horny. If you know me at all you know I'm a sucker for genre-bending covers. This one takes the original to a bizarre, Revolting place so wrong it's right. And so I'm sharing all three covers with you all today. I just couldn't pick my favorite. If you can, drop me a note and let me know!

Revolting Covers by legbamel on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates