Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Surf and Shout - The Isley Brothers

-
Unknown

In what can only be a blatant attempt at white-people pandering, The Isley Brothers recorded a version of their own Twist and Shout titled Surf and Shout. Out of curiosity, I looked up the home town of the group. It was Cincinnati, Ohio. For those of you unfamiliar with the geography of Ohio, the city is landlocked. I suppose after their 1962 hit they felt spent some time in California and one of the guys was from Teaneck, New Jersey. But, really, can you picture the smooth soul brothers surfing? That said, Surf and Shout is fun. And so I'm sharing it with you today in the hopes that the great music and the goofy image of them in their 1960s matching suits hanging ten. Happy Monday, my dears!

Surf And Shout by The Isley Brothers on Grooveshark

My Latest Music Page Updates