Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Down to the Nightclub - Tower of Power

-
Unknown

If ever you doubted the funk-ability of Tower of Power, allow me to present the only argument needed to convince you: Down to the Nightclub. In celebration of the release of their 40th Anniversary (and the 40th Anniversary Concert CD & DVD released this year on which the song appears), I thought it was high time you got a listen to one of their best. Now, I know it's not Saturday night like in the song but nobody ever said you couldn't go Down to the Nightclub on a Wednesday, right? And any night is perfect for some horns, some deep bunk, and a trip to Bump City. Get down, my darlings, do some hardcore boogie, and let me know if you think there's a ToP song better than this one. But no fair picking Diggin' on James Brown. I'm saving that one.

My Latest Music Page Updates