Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Youngest Child - Spottiswoode and His Enemies

-
Unknown

It's the second Tuesday of the month which means I'm in a terrible mood. Thus I'm listening to upbeat songs to try to keep my head from exploding. For today I'd like to share a wonderful celebration by Spottiswoode and His Enemies of being the spoiled Youngest Child. The song includes enough "yeah yeah yeah" and horns to keep it from being a snotty bragging session. I'm not the youngest child so I wouldn't know how accurate this portrayal may be except through anecdotal experience but it seems pretty realistic. Youngest Child comes from the band's 2003 album "Building a Road". You can find several more, along with side projects and information about their comic opera on the official Spottiswoode web site. For a group that's been active for so long I can find remarkably little from them on the usual commercial sources. You can sample a few tracks on their site and even download Beautiful Monday from their latest album for free..

My Latest Music Page Updates