Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

What'd I Say - Ray Charles and More

-
Unknown

I'd intended to post the new version of What'd I Say from Wynton Maralis and Willie Nelson (with Norah Jones) off their great tribute to Ray Charles, "Here We Go Again". The album was released in March, 2011 after yet another tour de force from Marsalis and Nelson at the Lincoln Center. But it's not on Grooveshark and I couldn't find a video of the performance. Instead, I'll leave the link above where you can sample it and post Ray Charles himself. But you know I can't leave well enough alone. I've added a version of What'd I Say from Jimi Hendrix, a version from Etta James, and a surprisingly-subdued cover of the song from Jerry Lee Lewis. I don't know about you, but when the song tells me to "shake that thing", I shake it. If you have another great cover of What'd I Say, I'd love to hear it. Drop me a note below!

My Latest Music Page Updates