Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Snatch It Back Ten Times

-
Unknown

This all started with the new Steve Miller Band cover of Snatch It Back and Hold It from his most recent album of blues songs, "Let Your Hair Down". But I could hardly leave out the Junior Wells original or the Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears version, now could I? And in searching for those I found a few more, namely Chain, Gov't Mule (with a live version of great energy and terrible sound quality), and Lawrence Fritts and his instrumental version Snatch It Back and Hold It in G.

But I discovered that Albert Collins had a great tune called Snatchin' It Back, itself a cover of Clarence Collins. Naturally I had to add both. Then I remembered the Southern Culture on the Skids has a spacey surf rock instrumental called Snatch It Back so on the list it went. To round the list out to a full ten I found the rockabilly retro sound of Mars Attacks with Snatch It 'n' Grab It because, really, nine just isn't enough.

My Latest Music Page Updates