Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Related or No? Rihanna vs. Depeche Mode

-
Unknown

From time to time I do hear current pop songs. Rihanna's S & M was one such song. But I'm not posting just because it's popular but, at about the 2:30 mark, I heard this little synth that made me wonder how much similarity there was between her song and Master and Servant from Depeche Mode. The answer? Not much. And yet for some reason the music for S & M reminds me of Depeche Mode. I'm sharing with you all today both songs. It may be just my inner DJ insisting that these songs go together so I thought I'd see if the two of them share the same flavor to you, as well. I don't mean subject matter: that's obvious. I'm asking about the music. Any thoughts?

My Latest Music Page Updates