Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Jukebox Roots: Saturday Night - Pale Young Gentlemen

-
Unknown

As so often happens, I awoke with a song in my head. In this case it was Pale Young Gentlemen's Saturday Night, wholly inappropriate for a Monday morning and yet there it was...and still is. But when I went to see if I'd posted it I found only a sorry imeem widget that had long since given up the ghost.

Naturally I thought it best to replace that post, though you can still read what I thought of Saturday Night three years ago, with a song you could actually play. And so here I am today with a great indie group out of Madison, Wisconsin that still sounds inventive and fresh.

Sadly, I can find no indication that they're busily recording and making a new record for us impatient fans. They're been nothing on social media for weeks which, as you know, is something like a decade in dog years and a century in Internet terms. We can only hope that they're getting ready to follow up their first two albums with something even better. Cross your fingers, folks!

My Latest Music Page Updates