Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Bright Lights, Big City - Various Artists

-
Unknown

Bright Light, Big City stands out as one of the most delightful songs on "Two Men with the Blues", the album of songs from the gorgeous performance of Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis at Carnegie Hall. But just posting the one version of what I consider a standard seems like cheating you folks. Normally I round up and find ten versions for you. I thought I'd mix it up by sticking with only nine, this time.

Naturally, I've included Wynton and Willie but you can also enjoy a cornucopia of 20th-Century names like Neil Young, The Rolling Stones, The Animals, and Jimi Hendrix. No, really! And there's Bill Cosby, Taj Mahal, and the man who started it all--Jimmy Reed--to round out the bunch. Somehow I thought the song was much older than 1961. I blame Willie Nelson. Which is your favorite, or have I missed it completely?

My Latest Music Page Updates