Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Blue Tip - The Cars

-
Unknown

In case anyone missed it, The Cars got tired of not being The Cars after twenty-some years and got back together to finish what they started in the 80s. And to listen to "Move Like This" you'd think you'd gone back in time with them.

The album sound like The Cars, a good thing, in my opinion. It's still got the synth-heavy sound and Ric Ocasek's distinctive voice. But since they've been off the radar for so long I can't help but wonder if they'll be able to garner a "pop" fan base like the one they had back then. I also wonder if they've been impatiently waiting for the 80s sound to become popular again before they launched a come-back tour, but I'm cynical like that.

At any rate, I quite enjoy the new album. It fits in with their older catalog well without sounding like they just threw together a bunch of songs they'd already recorded and just pretended they'd just come out of the studio. For today have a listen to Blue Tip and see what you think. you can listen to all of "Move Like This at Grooveshark and I intend to post at least Keep on Knocking if not several other songs at some point in the future.

My Latest Music Page Updates