Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Upside Down - Diana Ross & the Supremes

-
Unknown

I woke up this morning with Upside Down, or, as I call it, The Adverb Song, in my head. I don't know why. But since I haven't heard the song for years I figured it out to be posted (and it gives me an excuse to listen to it so I can get it out of my brain).

Now, you may be wondering why I apply the adverb appellation. Well, I'll tell you: instinctively and respectfully are all over the verses and the chorus. It's a dumb song, with Diana Ross saying, "I know you're cheating but you make me so freaking hot that I'm going to stay with you anyway." But I can't resist, "I say to thee, respectfully, upside down you're turning me." It's just too weird in a disco song.

And besides, it's Saturday. There's no reason we can't indulge in a little pop-of-yesteryear on a Saturday! Don't be ashamed of your secret, crappy-music loves, my darlings. Confess them to me!

My Latest Music Page Updates