Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Poisoning Pigeons in the Park - Tom Lehrer

-
Unknown

As a fan of the English language, humor, and old-fashioned music, Tom Lehrer owns my heart (particularly with Silent E and and N Apostrophe T. And as we spent the afternoon in the park, flying kites rather than feeding cyanide to local wildlife, I thought Poisoning Pigeons in the Park a particularly apt song. I was going to include the video but I think it's far more romantic with the strings.

If this one gives you a good giggle or two, have a listen to the Masochism Tango and, if you're a particular fan of chemistry, try The Element Song, in which he has set the names of all of the elements to the tune of the Modern Major General song from The Pirates of Penzance. Of course, you could enjoy his social commentary and protest songs, more. They're all on Grooveshark.

My Latest Music Page Updates