Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa (Sad Song) - Otis Redding

-
Unknown

A friend of mine died last night, and I’m at work struggling with my emotions. Knowing how much pain he suffered over the past several months I can’t help but feel that, as much as he’ll be missed, it’s no bad thing for him to be released.

And so I offer today a sad song that doesn’t wallow. Otis Redding gives us a song to sing in sorrow, a one that lets you celebrate at the same time. It perfectly suits the determined cheer and kindness that my friend showed no matter what cruel things his body and doctors were doing to him.

This is my own little way of saying goodbye, without the formality and grieving that will come later. Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa (Sad Song) will help me remember a courageous and wonderful man who can rest at last. Thanks for reading (and listening).

My Latest Music Page Updates