Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

You Pick the Winner - Cee Lo Green versus The Corrs

-
Unknown

As I was listening to my extensive list of songs with the word love in the title as a part of a separate project I found myself snickering along with The Corrs and their song I Never Loved You Anyway. But as I listened to the lyrics I was struck by the line where Andrea Corr asks, “Does she know you’re not a spender?” Naturally, I immediately thought of Fuck You and Cee Lo Green’s accusations of gold digging.

And then I thought of you, my darlings, and your response to these two songs in opposition to one another. Would you consider I Never Loved You Anyway a response to Fuck You? Which one do you prefer? In truth, I don’t have a horse in this race: I love them both for very different reasons. I just wanted to get your opinion on who does a better post-break-up put-down song, though. While Cee Lo does a masterful job of sounding cheerfully furious telling off the guy he sees with his ex The Corrs sound a fair bit more bitter as might befit the situation when addressing the new flame of an old beau.

I know, I know, I already posted Fuck You. But that was with Albert Collins as a pair of examples of men crying in songs. This is completely different, honest.

My Latest Music Page Updates