Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

True Confessions: F##k You - Cee Lo Green

-
Unknown

That's right, it's NSFW, people. I'm completely breaking the rules today because this song came to my attention in a quite not-pop way, despite its apparent popularity and the fact that the performer did the cheesy cover of Kung Fu Fighting at the end of Kung Fu Panda. You may or may not be familiar with the fact that I am easily amused by grown men pretending to cry in song. And so I came to this song as a modern example of the classic Albert Collins tradition.

So not only do we have a song with a swear word in the title but it's a pop song, as well. I don't care: it's been stuck in my head for four days. I can't take it any more. I also realized that the widget I had stuck in for ...But I Was Cool has gone to meet its maker. You get a two-for-one, fake crying extravaganza today, people. You're welcome.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Rich says:

    It's a shame that the Cee Lo Green track is up against the juggernaut that is Eminem in the Grammy Song of the Year category.

    As someone who enjoys both soul and contemporary soul it would be great to see it win. It probably won't :(

    Also a shame that I had to use a toned version of it, Forget You, on a lens, but I suspect the complaints would come rolling in otherwise ;)

  2. Unknown says:

    I very much suspect you're right, both about the complaints and about the Eminem likelihood of winning the Grammy. This is such a fun and well-performed song. Everyone I've told about it loves it--who can't sympathize with the sentiment?

My Latest Music Page Updates