Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Don't Do It - Little Charlie & The Nightcats

-
Unknown

Because I've long owned both the Little Charlie & The Nightcats and the Saffire--The Uppity Blues Women versions of Don't Do It I was under the mistaken impression that there must be a dozen more covers of this delightful song floating around out there, if only I could find them. But, alas, it was on these two artists on the wonderful Alligator Records who tackled this great bit of fun. I was waiting to share it until I could find anyone else who'd done it and post all of them but the only other cover I could find was some band playing at what looked like a birthday party.

So I'm just going to post the original Don't Do It and maybe you, darling readers, can explain to my why half of the blues bands in the world don't play a version of this song. It's a major earworm for me and one I would love to hear interpreted by more artists.

My Latest Music Page Updates