Ignored, Maligned, and Forgotten Music

Facebook
Subscribe via RSS

Animal Songs from The Aquabats

-
Unknown

I posted about Lobster Bucket two years ago but, in listening to a pile of their songs today, I realized just how many animals they talk about in their songs. If you aren't familiar with them, The Aquabats are self-styled superheroes that act as their own bards, singing of their super exploits. Indeed, Canis Lupis and Giant Robot-Birdhead come from their album "The Aquabats vs. the Floating Eye of Death". You have to love a band that takes themselves that "seriously". Well, I do, anyway.

And so for this Sunday afternoon I offer you all eight great songs from The Aquabats, including Lobster Bucket and The Cat with 2 Heads, two of my favorites. Please do let me know if you've a favorite Aquabats song as well, even if it doesn't detail an epic battle with a half-robotic monster.

My Latest Music Page Updates